Gosh this month will not slow down. I remember this time last year I was begging it to pass, I was so not feeling Christmas while on bed rest. But now it seems like there are not enough days in the month to get everything I want done. Between the kids going to school and hubsy working we can never seem to get time to spend together. So this weekend I tried to work on that and finish up my shopping, which is done. (Yay!) Saturday we made ornaments and a gingerbread house and Sunday our goal was to watch as many Christmas movies as we could. Except with one sick kid I didn't too get much of that done. But I figured I would share some ideas on how have fun this holiday season without going broke.
1. Have a popcorn and Pjs day! Dig out all your old holiday movies keep your jams on and be lazy!
2. Bake cookies with the record player(or ipod) turned up! Memories of moms or dads yummy Christmas cookies will never fade.
3. Email Santa. You can print out his response as a keepsake then spend hours on the site finding more fun things to do.
4. Make a gingerbread house. (I know you can make ginger bread on your own but the pre-made kits save a little time. They are around 9 bucks at Michaels and every week they have a new coupon for 40 to 50% off one item.)
5. Take a car ride! Take the whole family for a ride around your neighborhood and look at all the pretty homes at night.
6. Have an arts and crafts day; make popsicle stick reindeer ornaments, felt mice or just cut a few trees from construction paper and let everyone decorate their own tree with glitter and sequins or crayons and stickers for the less messy version.
7. Have a cleaning party! Yes we all have heard our kids cry and say they hate our parties but encourage everyone to look through their toy boxes and closets for things they have grown out of. Then call your local church or shelter and give them to a family in need of them. (Those boxes on the side of the road never make it anywhere without rain or being picked over.) Plus Santa can't bring toys if you have nowhere to put them.
8.Check out your local parade or school/church event. I have missed most of those this year but husby has taken the kids they always have so much fun.
That is as much as I can think of for now but please feel free to add your ideas in the comments!